McDaniel finishes fourth with 577
What: Montgomery Cup in men's golf action
When: Saturday, Sept. 22-Sunday, Sept. 23
Where: Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort – Shawnee on Delaware, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel finished one-over par as a team for 36 holes, carding a two-day score of 577 to finish fourth at the Montgomery Cup.
• Shawn MacBurnie (Beverly, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) posted a round of two-under par 70 on Sunday to finish two-under for the tournament with a score of 142 and place fifth in the field.
• Christian Garruppo (Hilton Head, S.C./Hilton Head Prep) carded a three-under par 69 on Saturday to sleep two shots off the individual lead before posting a 75 on Sunday to finish even for the tournament (144) and finish 10th.
• Collin MacDonald (Beverly, Mass./Beverly) matched Garruppo in 10th place with a score of 144. He joined MacBurnie with a two-under 70 on Sunday after registering a round of 74 on Saturday.
FOR THE FOES
• Casey Leebrick (York) won the tournament with a score of 136, firing a tournament-low 67 on Saturday and a 69 on Sunday. The Spartans finished second as a team (572).
• Allegheny won the tournament with a score of 565 (287-278) behind eight rounds of par or better, including 72s or better by all five golfers on Sunday.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Chuck Csejka (Orange, Conn./Amity Regional) placed 18th overall with a score of 147 (73-74).
• Kevin Keane (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) carded a 74 on Saturday and 75 on Sunday to finish with a 149 and place 24th.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The 36-hole score of 577 is the lowest known 36-hole score in program history.
• The even-par round of 288 on Saturday is the first known time that the Green Terror carded an even round as a team.
• Shawn MacBurnie's score of 142 is the lowest 36-hole score of any player on the current McDaniel roster.
• Christian Garruppo's round of 69 from Saturday is a career low as was his 36-hole score of 144.
• Collin MacDonald's scores of 70 and 144 mark career lows for him.
McDaniel returns to action at the Weyhill Classic at Saucon Valley Country Club on Monday. Tee time is 1 p.m.