McDaniel finishes tied for ninth
What: adidas Intercollegiate in men's golf action
When: Monday-Tuesday, Mar. 11-12
Where: Dataw Island Club (Cotton Dike Course) – Dataw Island, S.C.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel improved its standing after each round, finishing tied for ninth overall with a 54-hole score of 921 at the adidas Intercollegiate. The Green Terror posted a round of 314 to open play on Monday before carding a round of 298 in the afternoon. McDaniel wrapped up action with a round of 309 on Tuesday.
• Christian Garruppo (Hilton Head, S.C./Hilton Head Prep) posted one of the Green Terror's three rounds of 73 on Monday afternoon to lead the squad. He finished with a three-round score of 229 to place tied for 27th overall. He fired a round of 79 on Monday morning and 77 on Tuesday.
FOR THE FOES
• Oglethorpe won the team title with a score of 883 (295-292-296) as the only team to shoot three sub-300 rounds.
• Texas Luteran's Colin Uecker won the individual title with an even-par score of 216 (73-71-72). He was one of three individuals to post that score but captured medallist honors with a birdie on the first playoff hole.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Chuck Csejka (Orange, Conn./Amity Regional) was 31st overall with a score of 230. He matched Garruppo with a score of 73 in the second round. He posted a first-round score of 81 and final round score of 76.
• Kevin Keane (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) was 41st overall with a score of 233, firing rounds of 75 and 74 on Monday before carding an 84 on Tuesday.
• Shawn MacBurnie (Beverly, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) was 48th with a score of 236. After matching rounds of 80 on Monday, he was tied for McDaniel's low round of the third round with a 76.
• Collin MacDonald (Beverly, Mass./Beverly) rounded out the squad with a score of 238 to place 56th. He wrapped rounds of 80 around a second-round score of 78.
• Playing as an individual, Jack Oullette (Marlborough, Mass./St. John's) posted a score of 234 to place 44th. His carded a one-over par 73 in the second round between rounds of 80 and 81.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The field featured four top-30 teams among the 15 competing teams.
McDaniel returns to action at the Dickinson Spring Invitational with the B-Team on Monday, Mar. 25. The starters are back in action at the McDaniel Spring Invitational on Mar. 30-31.