McDaniel wins Kravetz Invitational
What: Fred Kravetz Invitational in men's golf action
When: Friday-Saturday, Apr. 12-13
Where: Irondequoit Country Club – Pittsford, N.Y.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel posted matching rounds of 310 to finish with a score of 620 and win the 2019 Fred Kravetz Invitational by nine shots over Rochester.
• Kevin Keane (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) led the Green Terror with a fourth-place finish. He fired a low round of 74 on Friday before posting a round of 79 on Saturday to finish with a 153.
FOR THE FOES
• Rochester finished second with a score of 629 (314-315).
• Roberts Wesleyan's Erich Spitz won the individual title with a score of 150 that included a one-over par 73 on Saturday.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Christian Garruppo (Hilton Head, S.C./Hilton Head Prep) was sixth overall after firing a score of 154.H He posted a first-round score of 76 and second-round score of 78.
• Ryan McGarry (North Easton, Mass./Oliver Ames) continued his run of rounds in the 70s with a 79 on Friday and 78 on Saturday to finish with a 157 and place ninth.
• Chuck Csejka (Orange, Conn./Amity Regional) finished 15th with a score of 159. He followed up a round of 81 with a 78 on Saturday.
• Shawn MacBurnie (Beverly, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) finished 18th in the field with a score of 162 that included firing the Green Terror's low round of the second 18 with a 76.
• Collin MacDonald (Beverly, Mass./Beverly), playing as individual, was 16th with a score of 161 (85-76).
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel won the Kravetz Invitational for the first time. It was the team's sixth appearance in the 20-year history of the event. The Green Terror had finished second three times previously.
McDaniel's A-Team is off for two weeks before returning to action at the Centennial Conference Championship hosted at Brookside Country Club on Apr. 26-28. The B-Team wraps up its schedule at the Goucher Invitational on Sunday and Monday.