McDaniel finishes third in fall finale
What: Royal Lakes Fall Invitational in men's golf action
When: Monday-Tuesday, Oct. 7-8
Where: Royal Lakes GC – Flowery Branch, Ga.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel posted its two lowest rounds of the fall in its final team event, finishing third at the Royal Lakes Fall Invitational hosted by Oglethorpe at Royal Lakes Golf Club. The Green Terror posted a round of 286 on Monday and 287 on Tuesday to finish with a total of 573.
• Ryan McGarry (North Easton, Mass./Oliver Ames) posted a collegiate-low round of 69 on Tuesday after an even-par 72 on Monday to finish tied for ninth with a score of 141.
• Kevin Keane (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) matched McGarry with a 36-hole score of 141, including a career low-tying round of 69 over the second 18.
FOR THE FOES
• Hampden-Sydney won the 18-team tournament with a two-round score of 559 (278-281), topping Guilford by seven shots.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Chuck Csejka (Orange, Conn./Amity Regional) finished 19th overall with a score of 143 that included a career-low round of 69 on Monday.
• Christian Garruppo (Hilton Head, S.C./Hilton Head Prep) finished tied for 41st overall with a score of 148, posting a 73 on Monday.
• Collin MacDonald (Beverly, Mass./Beverly) matched Garruppo with the 41st-place finish. His two-round score of 148 also included a score of 73 over the first 18.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The 573 for 36 holes was the lowest 36-hole score in the known history of the program.
• Ryan McGarry's 36-hole score of 141 was a collegiate best. He had four birdies in his round of 69.
• Kevin Keane also posted a collegiate-low score of 141 for 36 holes. He carded an eagle on the 438-yard par-4 ninth.
• The Green Terror fired sub-300 rounds over each of its last eight rounds.
McDaniel sends individuals to the Stevenson Fall Invitational on Thursday.