No. 10 Dickinson (7-2, 2-0 CC) 15, McDaniel (2-8, 0-2 CC) 7
What: Centennial Conference men's lacrosse game
When: Wednesday, Mar. 27
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Dickinson used a 6-0 third quarter to break open a 6-3 game at the half and top McDaniel, 15-7.
• Nick DeLoriers (Abington, Md./John Carroll) led the Green Terror offense with a pair of goals.
• Jakob Katzen (Wilmington, Del./Wilmington Friends) steadied the defense with 18 saves in goal.
FOR THE FOES
• Jack O'Connell led the Red Devils with four goals and three assists.
• John Lockwood added four goals and two assists.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Joel Mayo found Alex Hosker for a man-up goal just 1:56 into the game for a 1-0 Dickinson lead. John Lockwood finished a pass from Jack O'Connell just nine seconds off the ensuing faceoff to double the lead. Nick DeLoriers finished a solo run with 9:27 remaining to cut the deficit in half before O'Connell and Lockwood connected once again midway through the period.
• Lockwood netted an unassisted tally 53 seconds into the second quarter for a 4-1 lead before O'Connell found the back of the net 25 seconds later. Bryce Brookhart (Ellicott City, Md./Mt. Hebron) and Jackson Reilly (Churchton, Md./Southern) each ripped shots from distance nearly two minutes apart to cut the deficit to 5-3 with 11:29 remaining in the half. Lockwood hit Tucker Booth from behind with 7:02 on the clock to push the lead back to three.
• Lockwood started the third-quarter run 35 seconds into the period before finding O'Connell nearly three minutes later. Ryan Schaffer tallied three of the next four, firing into small spaces on the goal. O'Connell added another goal and assist during the quarter.
• Starting the fourth quarter man-up, Carson Marshall (Brookeville, Md./Glenelg) found Micah Brooks (Woolford, Md./Cambridge-South Dorchester) 27 seconds into the period to make it a 12-4 game. O'Connell and Booth tallied 1 minute, 16 seconds apart to push the lead to 14-4 with 12:41 to play. A Marshall putback and Brooks-to-Jared Payne (Moorestown, N.J./Moorestown) connection nearly 90 seconds apart closed the margin to 14-5. DeLoriers finished his second of the night with 7:32 to play before Joel Mayo set the final margin with 4:23 on the clock.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Jakob Katzen made double-digit saves for the ninth straight game.
• Dickinson had a 52-44 advantage in shots and 34-20 advantage in ground balls.
• Jack Paras (Barrington, R.I./Barrington) had four ground balls and a caused turnover.
McDaniel returns to action at Washington (Md.) on Saturday. Game time is 3 p.m.