Dickinson (5-4, 2-0 CC) 3, McDaniel (9-1, 1-1 CC)
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's soccer game
When: Saturday, Sept. 28
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Dickinson scored the game's first two goals before breaking a 2-all deadlock in the 82nd minute – right before the game was halted, and eventually called, for lightning – to top McDaniel, 3-2.
• Nick Starr (York, Pa./Central York) scored both goals for the Green Terror.
FOR THE FOES
• Isaac Bradbury netted the game-winner for the Red Devils.
• Mohamed Kourouma recorded a goal and an assist.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Kevin Gilbert finished a pass from Mohamed Kourouma in the 31st minute to stake Dickinson to a 1-0 lead.
• Kourouma then found the back of the net just 1:32 into the second half to double the advantage.
• James Benjamin (Gaithersburg, Md./Good Counsel) found Nick Starr to get McDaniel on the board 12 minutes later.
• Starr then finished a blast from the top of the box off a one-touch from Jacob Wells (Hanover, Pa./South Western), who volleyed a Corey Long (Woodbridge, Md./Potomac) pass from the corner to tie the game in the 80th minute.
• Just over two minutes later, Isaac Bradbury finished before the game was halted for lightning and could not be resumed.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Dickinson finished the game with a 15-10 advantage in shots and 8-4 edge in corner kicks.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Gettysburg on Wednesday. Game time is 4 p.m.