Gettysburg (6-3, 2-1 CC) 1, McDaniel (9-2, 1-2 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Oct. 2
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Gettysburg carried play in the second half and eventually found the back of the net in the 76th minute for a 1-0 victory over McDaniel.
• Aaron Bilbie (Shrewsbury, Pa./Susquehannock) led the Green Terror with six saves in goal.
FOR THE FOES
• Jack Carroll netted the game-winner for the Bullets.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After a relatively even first half, Gettysburg carried play in the second half. A free kick in the 76th minute bounced off the center of the defense back out to Jack Carroll at the top-right side of the box. He fired it home low into the left side for the game's lone goal.
• McDaniel had a couple of chances in the waning minutes but could not connect on quality attempts in front of the goal.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Gettysburg finished with a 15-3 advantage in shots, including 10-1 in the decisive second half.
• The Bullets also had a 9-4 edge in corner kicks.
• Thomas Keane made two saves in goal for Gettysburg.
• It was the first time that McDaniel had been shutout in 2019.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Washington (Md.) on Saturday. Game time is 4 p.m.