Franklin & Marshall takes 8-1 decision over McDaniel
WESTMINSTER, Md. – Peter Bookman won a pair of matches to lead Franklin & Marshall to an 8-1 victory over McDaniel in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action on Saturday.
Chad Palman (Montgomery Village, Md./Gaithersburg) led the Green Terror (5-6, 0-4 CC) with an 8-3 win at No. 5 singles.
The Diplomats (6-3, 2-0 CC) swept doubles before winning the first three singles matches to secure the match.
Bookman teamed with James Tunner for an 8-3 win at third doubles before winning by the same score at No. 4 singles.
Geoffrey Brennan rounded out pro-set winners in singles, taking No. 6 by an 8-0 count.
Eric Rouff and Steve French (New Windsor, Md./Francis Scott Key) played the most competitive singles match. Rouff prevailed in the No. 3 slot, 7-5, 6-4.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Swarthmore on Sunday. Match time is 1 p.m.
Franklin & Marshall 8, McDaniel 1
1. Tommy Weibye/Doug Silverstein (F) def. Ben Faber/Chad Palman 8-2;
2. Samuel Stone/Paul Salierno (F) def. Steve French/Justin Ward 8-5;
3. James Tunner/Peter Bookman (F) def. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale 8-3.
1. Ross Silverberg (F) def. Faber 6-0, 6-3;
2. William MacArthur (F) def. Ward 6-2, 6-2;
3. Eric Rouff (F) def. French 7-5, 6-4;
4. Bookman (F) def. Kron 8-3;
5. Palman (M) def. Tim Belford 8-3;
6. Geoffrey Brennan (F) def. Sam Morris 8-0.