BALTIMORE, Md. – Johns Hopkins swept doubles play en route to a 9-0 win over McDaniel in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action on Wednesday.
Satchel McCarthy led the Green Terror (6-7, 1-6 CC), winning 10 games over his two matches. He teamed with Seth McFall (Dover, Del./Caesar Rodney) at first doubles, dropping the closest doubles match of the day, 8-5. McCarthy also fell at third singles, dropping a 6-3, 6-2 decision to Edward Corty.
Jeremy Dubin led the sixth-ranked Blue Jays (11-4, 6-0 CC) with two wins. He was part of the win at first doubles with Erik Lim before taking a 6-1, 6-1 decision at first singles.
Three other Johns Hopkins players won twice on the day.
The Green Terror returns to action at home against Ursinus on Saturday. Match time is 1 p.m.
Johns Hopkins 9, McDaniel 0
1. Jeremy Dubin/Erik Lim (J) def. Satchel McCarthy/Seth McFall 8-5;
2. Michael Buxbaum/Sam Weissler (J) def. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale 8-2;
3. German Gonzalez/Jeremy Schwartz (J) def. Philip Jorgensen/Daniel Xinis 8-3.
1. Dubin (J) def. Kron 6-1, 6-1;
2. Weissler (J) def. McFall 6-0, 6-1;
3. Edward Corty (J) def. McCarthy 6-3, 6-2;
4. Schwartz (J) def. Langsdale 8-2;
5. Joonas Karjalainen (J) def. Ryan Salomon 8-1;
6. Gonzalez (J) def. Corey Glocker 8-1.