Muhlenberg (5-8, 2-5 CC) 9, McDaniel (1-9, 0-7 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis match
When: Monday, Apr. 22
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Muhlenberg swept doubles play en route to a 9-0 win over McDaniel.
• Justin Arter (Waldorf, Md./North Point) led the Green Terror at sixth singles. He took the opening set 6-1 before falling to Myles Gross 6-4 in the second set and 10-7 in a super-tiebreaker third set.
• Jimmy Wawrzynski (Westminster, Md./Westminster) also went three sets. He took the opening set at third singles 6-4 before Steven Shoemaker drew the match even with a 6-1 win and took the tiebreaker, 10-4.
FOR THE FOES
• Alex Dagilis was the only player for the Mules to win a set without dropping a game, taking second singles 6-4, 6-0 to cap a 2-0 day. He and Noah Sellinger won first doubles, 8-2.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Justin Arter (Waldorf, Md./North Point) took the win at sixth singles by default.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Ryan Sember's round of 71 was seven strokes better than his best round as a freshman.
• Ryan McGarry's round of 70 established not only a low round for him but a low round for any McDaniel player this season.
• It's the known time in program history that two Green Terror golfers carded a sub-par score in the same round.
McDaniel returns to action at Gettysburg on Wednesday. Match time is 3:30 p.m.