McDaniel competes at Larry Sharpe Invitational
What: Men's indoor track and field meet
When: Sunday, Feb. 10
Where: Hagerstown, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won six events, including sweeping the three relays, to lead the way at the Larry Sharpe Invitational hosted by Hagerstown CC.
• The 4x800-meter relay of Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford), Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley), Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) and Steve Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) won with a time of 9:35.06.
• The 4x400-meter relay of Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko), Michael Corinaldi, Kisi and Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College) won with a time of 3:43.24.
• The sprint medley of White, Kisi, Gallagher and Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast) made it 3-for-3 in the relays with a time of 3:55.27.
• Gallagher also won the 300 with a time of 37.58 seconds.
• Gibson also won the 1000 with an ECAC-qualifying time of 2:40.11.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Nevin Stambaugh (Taneytown, Md./Francis Scott Key) won the 55 hurdles with a personal-best and Centennial Conference (CC)-qualifying time of 8.34 seconds.
• Caleb White was third in the 55 hurdles with a CC-qualifying time of 8.53 seconds and fourth in the 200 with a CC-qualifying time of 24.05 seconds.
• Shaun Thompson was second in the 100 with a personal-best and ECAC-qualifying time of 2:45.20.
• Alex West (Ashburn, Va./Broad Run) placed sixth in the 55 hurdles with a CC-qualifying time of 9.43 seconds.
• Jamie Mintz (Baltimore, Md./Benjamin Franklin) finished fifth in the 55 with a personal-best and CC-qualifying time of 6.93 seconds.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Cyrus Daroowalla was third in the 1000 with a personal-best time of 3:18.63 and seventh in the mile (5:46.30).
• Miky Kisi was second in the 300 (37.86), which ranks 10th in program history.
• Stephen Porembski was second in the 800 (2:12.16).
• Michael Corinaldi was second in the 500 (1:12.77).
• Zachary Stango was third in the 500 (1:17.74).
• Nevin Stambaugh was third in the high jump (1.52 meters), fourth in the 800 (2:20.13), fourth in the pole vault (2.89 meters) and 11th in the shot put (9.43 meters).
• James Moye was fourth in the shot put (11.44 meters).
• Caleb White was also third in the high jump (1.52 meters) and fifth in the pole vault (2.89 meters).
• Alex West was second in the high jump (1.52 meters) and sixth in the shot put (11.12 meters), pole vault (2.43 meters) and 800 (2:21.85).
• Jamie Mintz was seventh in the 200 (25.15).
• Nick Villareal was 10th in the shot put (9.45 meters).
McDaniel returns to action at the Centennial Conference Championship hosted by Franklin & Marshall on Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24. Action begins at 11 a.m. both days.