McDaniel finishes 7th
What: Men's outdoor track and field meet
When: Saturday, Mar. 30
Where: Annapolis, Md. – Navy Spring Meet
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel posted nine ECAC-qualifying marks to lead the way to a seventh-place finish at the Navy Spring Invitational. The Green Terror opened the spring season with 34 points at the 10-team meet that included seven Division I teams.
• Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) finished sixth in the 800 with a time of 1:56.30 to hit the Centennial Conference (CC) and ECAC qualifying marks.
• Josh Sproul (Princess Anne, Md./Washington Academy) was fourth in the high jump, clearing 1.84 meters to hit the CC and ECAC marks.
• Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mill) hit a pair of conference and ECAC marks, qualifying in the shot put and discus. He placed fifth in the shot put (14.53 meters) and 10th in the discus (45.79).
• Patrick Smith (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson) was sixth in the long jump with a mark of 6.31 meters to hit both the CC and ECAC standards.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) finished ninth in the 400 with a time of 50.64 seconds. The personal-best time also hit the CC and ECAC standards.
• Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast) placed 13th in the 800 with a time of 1:59.81. The personal-best time is a conference and ECAC qualifying time.
• Nevin Stambaugh (Taneytown, Md./Francis Scott Key) hit the conference and ECAC marks in the long jump with a jump of 6.10 meters. He also hit the conference mark in the 100, placing 22nd (12.17 seconds) as well as the 110 hurdles, placing 11th (16.99).
• Sam Welcher (Clonnton, Md./Gwynn Park) finished second in the triple jump, establishing a personal best in his first-ever attempt in competition. He cleared 13.62 meters, which hits the conference standard.
• Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) was 14th in the 400 with a CC-qualifying time of 52.02 seconds. It was a personal-best time.
• Alex West (Ashburn, Va./Broad Run) hit the conference standard in the 100, finishing 24th (12.31 seconds).
• Patrick Smith also hit the conference qualifier in the triple jump, placing fifth (12.59 meters).
THE INSIDE STORY
• Stephen Porembski was 30th in the 800 (2:15.47).
• Alex West was 14th in the 110 hurdles (19.05 seconds).
• The 4x400-meter relay of Miky Kisi, Kai Samuels, Gavin Gibson and Zachary Stango finished fifth with a time of 3:31.70.
McDaniel returns to action at the Battleground Relays hosted by Mary Washington on Friday and Saturday.