McDaniel competes in non-scoring meet
What: Men's outdoor track and field meet
When: Saturday, Apr. 6
Where: Fredericksburg, Va. – Battleground Relays
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel recorded three wins to lead the way at the non-scoring Battleground Relays.
• Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) led the Green Terror with a pair of wins. He crossed first in the 1500 with a Centennial Conference and ECAC-qualifying time of 4:08.88. He was also part of the winning 4x400-meter relay, joining Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley), Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast) and Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) to post a time of 3:27.39.
• Gallagher, Kisi and Samuels joined Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College) to win the sprint medley relay with a time of 3:40.74.
• Gallagher also hit a CC and ECAC qualifier in the 400, finishing second with a time of 51.63 seconds.
• White and Kisi finished 3-4 in the 400 hurdles and turned in CC and ECAC-qualifying times in the process. White posted a time of 57.92 seconds while Kisi finished with a personal-best time of 58.08 seconds.
• Patrick Smith (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson) was second in the long jump with a mark of 6.19 meters to hit the conference and ECAC marks.
• Josh Sproul (Princess Anne, Md./Washington Academy) did the same thing in the long jump, finishing third with a mark of 6.07 meters.
• Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mill) hit a pair of conference and ECAC marks, qualifying in the shot put and discus. He placed second in the shot put (14.21 meters) and third in the discus (41.08).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Kai Samuels was seventh in the 400 with a conference-qualifying time of 52.80 seconds.
• Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster) turned in a personal-best time of 18:33.29 to finish third in the 5000.
• Zach Stango (Burtonsville, Md./Paint Branch) placed 12th in the 400 hurdles with a conference-qualifying time of 1:04.40.
• Cade Leek was second in the pole vault, debuting with a conference-qualifying mark of 3.50 meters.
• Caleb White added a conference-qualifying jump in the long jump, placing sixth with a leap of 5.76 meters.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Stephen Porembski was fourth in the 5000 (18:39.40).
• Nick Villareal was ninth in the discus (30.27 meters).
• Cade Leek was also 17th in the long jump (4.20 meters) and 17th in the discus (20.93).
McDaniel returns to action at the Mount Multis on Thursday and Friday.