McDaniel competes at Shippensburg Invitational
What: Men's outdoor track and field meet
When: Wednesday, Apr. 17
Where: Shippensburg, Pa. – Shippensburg University
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel posted six ECAC-qualifying marks at the non-scoring Shippensburg Invitational.
• Josh Sproul (Princess Anne, Md./Washington Academy) cleared 1.85 meters to place fourth in the high jump and hit the Centennial Conference (CC) and ECAC-qualifying marks.
• Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) was fifth in the 400 hurdles with a time of 1:01.55 to hit both the conference and ECAC standard.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Patrick Smith (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson) finished ninth in the long jump with a personal-best jump of 6.38 meters to improve his CC and ECAC standing.
• Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College) finished 12th in the 110 hurdles, hitting the CC and ECAC-qualifying marks with a time of 17.80 seconds. He was also 14th in the long jump with a leap of 6.07 meters, which also meets both standards.
• Sam Welcher (Clonnton, Md./Gwynn Park) was 11th in the long jump, turning in a personal-best performance of 6.30 meters, which hits the CC and ECAC standard. He was also 19th in the 100 (12.07 seconds) and sixth in the triple jump (12.98 meters) with a pair conference-qualifying marks.
• Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster) turned in a personal-best performance in the 3,000, placing 10th with a time of 10:29.77.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Alex West was 13th in the javelin (34.64 meters), 15th in the shot put (10.68 meters), 21st in the discus (28.15 meters) and 21st in the hammer (15.14 meters).
• Patrick Smith was also 14th in the javelin (33.69 meters).
McDaniel returns to action at the Mason-Dixon Invitational hosted by Gettysburg on Saturday.