McDaniel finishes third at Mason-Dixon Invitational
What: Men's outdoor track and field meet
When: Saturday, Apr. 20
Where: Gettysburg, Pa. – Gettysburg College
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel had the top finishing collegian in three events and tallied five ECAC-qualifying marks to finish third at the Mason-Dixon Invitational hosted by Gettysburg. The Green Terror finished with 83 points.
• Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mills) won the shot put with a season-best throw of 14.85 meters. He was also fourth in the discus with a season-best toss of 40.41 meters. Both throws bettered his Centennial Conference (CC) and ECAC-qualifying marks.
• Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) was the top collegiate runner in the 800, finishing third behind a pair of unattached athletes with a conference and ECAC-qualifying time of 1:58.05.
• Sam Welcher (Clonnton, Md./Gwynn Park) won the triple jump with a CC-qualifying jump of 13.00 meters.
• Gibson also joined Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast), Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) and Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) to win the 4x400-meter relay with a time of 3:26.23.
FOR THE FOES:
• Frostburg won the 16-team meet with 194 points while Gettysburg was second with 168 points.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Josh Sproul (Princess Anne, Md./Washington Academy) placed second in the high jump, clearing a personal-best height of 1.87 meters to better his CC and ECAC marks. He also hit the conference standard in the long jump, placing 15th (5.47 meters), and triple jump, placing fifth (12.32 meters).
• Zach Stango (Burtonsville, Md./Paint Branch) crossed sixth in the 400 hurdles with a personal-best time of 1:03.47 to post a conference-qualifying time.
• Nevin Stambaugh (Taneytown, Md./Francis Scott Key) finished sixth in the long jump with a conference-qualifying leap of 5.92 meters.
• Michael Gallagher placed sixth in the 400 with a CC and ECAC-qualifying time of 51.52 seconds. He added a personal-best time of 23.94 in the 200 to finish 10th and hit the CC standard.
• Patrick Smith (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson) was seventh in the long jump with a CC-qualifying jump of 5.88 meters.
• Alex West (Ashburn, Va./Broad Run) was seventh in the shot put with a personal-best throw of 11.48 meters for a CC-qualifying toss. He was also eighth in the 110 hurdles (19.73 seconds).
• James Moye (Upper Marlboro, Md./Largo) finished eighth in the shot put with a CC-qualifying throw of 11.45 meters.
• Miky Kisi was eighth in the 400 with CC-qualifying time of 52.41 seconds.
• Kai Samuels placed eighth in the 800 with a time of 2:02.24 to hit the conference mark.
• Jamie Mintz (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) was ninth in the 100 with a conference-qualifying time of 12.10 seconds.
• Sam Welcher was also 10th in the long jump with a conference-qualifying jump of 5.79 meters.
• Cade Leek finished fifth in the pole vault (3.28 meters).
THE INSIDE STORY
• Stephen Porembski finished ninth in the 5000 (18:13.75).
• Cyrus Daroowalla placed 10th in the 5000 with a personal-best time of 18:18.54.
• Nick Villareal turned in a personal-best throw to finish 12th in the shot put (9.63 meters).
• James Moye was also 13th in the discus (30.88 meters).
• Patrick Smith was 16th in the javelin (29.62 meters).
• Alex West was 16th in the discus (29.53 meters) and 17th in the hammer (19.99).
• Zach Krowitz was 18th in the long jump (4.76 meters).
• Cade Leek finished 19th in the long jump (4.64 meters) and 19th in the discus (25.92).
McDaniel returns to action at Penn Relays on Friday.