McDaniel finishes third at Blue Jay Tune-Up
What: Men's outdoor track and field meet
When: Saturday, Apr. 27
Where: Elizabethtown, Pa. – Elizabethtown College
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel recorded six top-three finishes to place third at the Blue Jay Tune-Up hosted by Elizabethtown. The Green Terror finished with 70 points.
• Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mills) won the discus with a season-best throw of 41.50 meters to better his CC and ECAC standing. He also finished second in the shot put with a throw of 14.50 meters.
• Sam Welcher (Clonnton, Md./Gwynn Park) finished second in the triple jump with a CC-qualifying jump of 13.03 meters.
• Josh Sproul (Princess Anne, Md./Washington Academy) was third in the long jump with a personal-best jump of 6.39 meters to better his CC and ECAC marks. He posted a personal-best jump of 12.58 meters to finish third in the triple jump. He was also third in the high jump, clearing a CC- and ECAC-qualifying height of 1.79 meters.
• Nevin Stambaugh (Taneytown, Md./Francis Scott Key) placed fifth in the long jump with a distance of 6.22 meters.
• Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) crossed third in the 400 with a personal-best time of 53.08.
• Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) placed seventh in the 200 with a personal-best and ECAC-qualifying time of 22.96 seconds.
• Zach Stango (Burtonsville, Md./Paint Branch) finished seventh in the 400 hurdles with a CC-qualifying time of 1:05.51.
• Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster) finished eighth in the 5000 with a time of 18:36.70
• Stambaugh, Gallagher, Welcher and Sproul combined to finish third in the 4x100 with a time of 45.66 seconds.
• The 4x400-meter relay was fifth with a time of 4:05.22.
FOR THE FOES:
• Elizabethtown won its own invitational with 122 points. Ursinus was second with 103 points.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Alex West (Ashburn, Va./Broad Run) finished ninth in the shot put with a personal-best throw of 11.60 meters to hit not only the CC standard but also the ECAC mark.
• Sam Welcher was ninth in the long jump with a CC-qualifying leap of 5.71 meters
• Stephen Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) was 14th in the 800 with a personal-best time of 2:13.82
• Nick Villareal (Fleetwood, Pa./Berks Catholic) finished 11th in the discus with a personal-best throw of 32.49 meters.
• Zach Krowitz was 16th in the long jump with a personal-best jump of 4.91 meters.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Alex West was 15th in the 100 (12.55 seconds), 13th in the discus (31.65 meters) and 18th in the javelin (34.82).
• Nick Villareal was 21st in the shot put (8.60 meters).
• Cyrus Daroowalla finished 23rd in the 1500 (5:22.85).
McDaniel returns to action at the Centennial Conference Championship hosted by Muhlenberg on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.