McDaniel finishes eighth at CC championship
What: Men's outdoor track and field meet
When: Friday-Sunday, May 3-5
Where: Allentown, Pa. – Muhlenberg College
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel took home five medals to help to an eighth-place finish at the 2019 Centennial Conference men's outdoor track and field championship hosted by Muhlenberg. The Green Terror finished with 55 points.
• Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mills) took the silver medal in the shot put with a throw of 14.38 meters on Sunday. On Saturday, he captured the bronze medal in the discus with a toss of 43.67 meters. His discus mark was a season best.
• Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) finished second in the 800 with a time of 1:55.04. He qualified third on Saturday with a time of 1:55.85.
• Patrick Smith (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson) added a bronze medal in the triple jump with a personal-best jump of 13.27 meters.
• Alex West (Ashburn, Va./Broad Run) placed third in the decathlon with 4576 points. The mark ranks 10th in program history. He had the best mark in the field in the shot put (10.37 meters). His top point total came with a time of 12.22 seconds in the 100, earning him 608 points.
• Cade Leek finished fifth in the decathlon with a personal-best 3329 points. His highest point total was in the 100, posting a time of 13.18 seconds to earn 438 points.
• Sam Welcher (Clonnton, Md./Gwynn Park) finished fifth in the triple jump with a jump of 13.14 meters.
• Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) finished sixth in the 400 with a time of 50.83 seconds. He qualified fourth with a personal-best time of 50.55 on Saturday
• Nevin Stambaugh (Taneytown, Md./Francis Scott Key) finished seventh in the 110 hurdles with a time of 17.06 seconds.
• The 4x800-meter relay of Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast), Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley), Michael Gallagher and Gavin Gibson finished seventh with a time of 8:02.32.
• The same quartet ran the 4x400-meter relay, finishing fourth with a time of 3:25.60.
• The 4x100-meter relay of Stambaugh, Welcher, Josh Sproul (Princess Anne, Md./Washington Academy) and Gallagher was eighth with a time of 45.18 seconds.
FOR THE FOES:
• Johns Hopkins won its sixth straight championship with 212.5 points. Swarthmore was second with 122 points.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Kai Samuels finished ninth in the 400 prelims with a time of 51.81 seconds.
• Zach Stango was ninth in the 400 hurdles prelims with a time of 1:04.18.
• Josh Sproul placed ninth in the long jump with a personal-best jump of 6.41 meters. He was also 10th in the high jump, clearing 1.75 meters. He was also 10th in the triple jump (12.59 meters).
• Patrick Smith was 10th in the long jump (6.34 meters).
• James Moye finished 12th in the shot put (11.00 meters).
• Cade Leek was 15th in the pole vault, clearing 3.35 meters.
• Sam Welcher placed 18th in the long jump (5.60 meters).
• Isaiah Williams finished 19th in the long jump (5.56 meters).
McDaniel returns to action at the Swarthmore Last Chance Meet on Monday, May 13.