McDaniel finishes first of four teams with 19 points.
What: Green Terror Challenge in men's cross country action
When: Friday, Sept. 7
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won the Green Terror Challenge, topping a field of four complete teams in the 5,000-meter race with 19 points. Three Green Terror runners placed in the top six.
• Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) won the race for the second straight year. He posted a time of 17:04.75 to win the race by nearly 53 seconds.
• Shawn Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) and Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster) added finishes of fourth (18:39.46) and sixth (19:50.45).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Stephen Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) crossed 13th overall with a time of 21:02.78
THE INSIDE STORY
• A total of 26 runners competed at the 5,000-meter distance.
• The 3,000-meter race was cancelled due to lightning.
• Gavin Gibson posted his fastest collegiate 5K time and 14th best overall 5K time in program history. It was the second fastest Green Terror time ever on the home course.
McDaniel returns to action at the Hornet Harrier hosted by Shenandoah at Kernstown Battlefield on Saturday, Sept. 15. Race time is 9:30 a.m.