McDaniel finishes sixth of 11 teams
What: ECAC championship in men's cross country action
When: Saturday, Nov. 3
Where: Milton, N.Y. – Hudson Valley Sportsdome
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel finished sixth out of 11 teams with 125 points in its first-ever trip to the ECAC men's cross country championship meet.
• Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) won the individual title on a sloppy course with a time of 29:35.8.
FOR THE FOES
• Devon Williams (Pfeiffer) finished second to Gibson with a time of 29:58.0.
• Vassar won the team title with 36 points.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) placed 16th overall with a time of 31:45.9.
• Stephen Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) crossed 33rd with a time of 33:06.8.
• Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) finished 39th with a time of 33:30.4.
• Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast) was 45th with a time of 33:45.0.
• Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster) finished 46th overall with a time of 33:51.9.
• Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) crossed 64th with a time of 36:01.3.
THE INSIDE STORY
• A total of 81 runners competed at the 8,000-meter distance.
• Gibson won the race by a margin of 23 seconds.