McDaniel finishes third
What: ECAC championship in men's cross country action
When: Saturday, Nov. 9
Where: Hudson Valley Sportsdome – Milton, N.Y.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel placed third at the ECAC championship hosted at Hudson Valley Sportsdome, placing four runners in the top 16. The Green Terror scored 70 points.
• Jacob Molina (Odenton, Md./Arundel) led the Green Terror with the individual title, crossing with a time of 27:28.0 to win by two seconds.
FOR THE FOES
• St. Joseph's (L.I.) won the team title with 62 points while NYU was second, just edging the Green Terror with 69 points.
• Brevard's Gavin Morgan was second individually, two seconds behind Molina.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Wyatt Farace (Owings Mills, Md./McDonogh) crossed eighth with a time of 28:25.7.
• Collin Shriner (Frederick, Md./Oakdale) finished 14th with a time of 29:07.7.
• Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) was 16th overall with a time of 29:15.5.
• Stephen Porembski (Eldersburg, Md./Archbishop Curley) finished 35th with a time of 30:22.5.
• Evan Lowengrub (Washington, D.C./Woodrow Wilson) crossed 73rd with a time of 32:55.3.
• Darien London (Essex, Md./Kenwood) out the Green Terror competitors in 99th with a time of 35:34.7.
THE INSIDE STORY
• A total of 117 runners competed at the 8,000-meter distance.
• Jacob Molina not only make it back-to-back individual champions for the Green Terror but also posted the all-time best mark on the course by more than two minutes.
• Wyatt Farace, Collin Shriner and Shaun Thompson now rank second, third and fourth on the course all-time for the Green Terror.
• Stephen Porembski's time is sixth all-time while Evan Lowengrub ranks seventh.
• Molina, Farace and Shriner earn All-ECAC honors by virtue of their top-15 finish.
McDaniel returns to action at the NCAA Div. III Mideast regional championship hosted at Lehigh on Saturday. Action begins at 11 a.m.