McDaniel (6-3) 4, Albright (4-5) 1
What: Non-conference softball game
When: Monday, Mar. 18
Where: Kissimmee, Fla.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored four runs in the third inning to key a 4-1 win over Albright in the first game of the day at The Spring Games.
• Michaela Persinger (Emmitsburg, Md./Catoctin) led the Green Terror with two hit and an RBI.
• Madison Froemel (Suffolk, Va./Kings Fork) added two hits and two RBIs of her own.
• Cassie Rickrode (Hanover, Pa./Delone Catholic) went the distance in the cicle, allowing just three hits and striking out four.
FOR THE FOES
• Camille Sears led the Lions with a hit and scored the lone run of the game.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Miranda Thompson (Columbia, Md./Atholton) led off the bottom of the third with a walk before a one-out Megan Horsey (Elkton, Md./Bohemia Manor) single up the middle put runners at first and second. After a passed ball, Michaela Persinger dropped a single into center field to make it a 1-0 game with runners at the corners. An Alicia Wagner (Bradenton, Fla./Lakewood Ranch) sacrifice fly made it 2-0 before Megan Coyle (Las Vegas, Nev./Bishop Gorman) laced a double down the line to put two on with two outs. Madison Froemel followed with a single to left, scoring both runners for a 4-0 lead.
• Camille Sears laced a ball to lead off the top of the fourth, reaching on an infield single. After moving up to second and then third on groundouts, a fielding error allowed her to score for a 4-1 score.
McDaniel concludes the day against Farmingdale State at 2 p.m.