St. Mary's (Md.) (1-0) 18, McDaniel (0-1) 11
What: Non-conference women's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Feb. 23
Where: St. Mary's City, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
St. Mary's scored five straight goals in the first half to open up an 11-4 lead en route to an 18-11 victory over McDaniel.
• Megan Kotelchuck (Crofton, Md./Elizabeth Seton) led the Green Terror with three goals and three assists.
• Annemarie Duerr (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) added a hat trick of her own.
• Kealey Allison (Frankfort, Del./Indian River) scored three goals in her first collegiate game.
• Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) chipped in two goals, two assists and nine draw controls.
FOR THE FOES
• Ali Collie led the Seahawks with five goals and three assists.
• Kate Bartholomew added five goals.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After Ali Collie staked St. Mary's to a 1-0 lead just 1:20 into the game, Kealey Allison responded with her first collegiate tally 16 seconds later. Sydni Thacker and Jayne Barkman each finished feeds from Caitlin Katchmar 2 minutes, 31 seconds apart for a 3-1 lead. Megan Kotelchuck sandwiched a goal from Thacker to make it a 4-3 game with 20:51 remaining. Two Kate Bartholomew goals 44 seconds apart pushed the lead to 6-3 before Farrell found the back of the net for the first time after assisting on both of Kotelchuck's goals.
• With 17:43 to play, Katchmar finished a pass from Barkman to make it 7-4 and start a 5-0 run over the next 12:27. Allison converted a free-position goal with 4:39 remaining to make it 11-5 at the break.
• Bartholomew and Allison traded goals in the first 8:07 of the second half before Lucy Gussio and Annemarie Duerr traded goals just over 90 seconds part to make it a 13-7 game with 17:27 remaining in the contest. Three Seahawk goals by three different players in a 2-minute, 13-second span expanded the lead to nine with 13:56 remaining.
• After Duerr and Collie traded goals once again, Kotelchuck, Duerr and Farrell scored unassisted goals in succession to make it a 17-11 game with 2:02 to play. Collie wrapped up the scoring in the final 27 seconds.
McDaniel returns to action at Shenandoah on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.