McDaniel (1-3) 15, Misericordia (3-3) 3
What: Non-conference women's lacrosse game
When: Tuesday, Mar. 5
Where: Dallas, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored the first four goals of the game and added six straight to start the second half in a 15-3 win over Misericordia on Tuesday.
• Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) led the Green Terror with four goals.
• Kealey Allison (Frankfort, Del./Indian River) added three goals.
• Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) contributed two goals, three assists and eight draw controls.
• Hannah Miller (Ellicott City, Md./Marriotts Ridge) made 11 saves in her first start in goal.
FOR THE FOES
• Sarah Bender scored for the Cougars to break up the shutout with 13:09 to play in the first half.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Lara Jensen (West Chester, Pa./The Tatnall School) started the offense for McDaniel, finishing a solo run 4:16 into the game. Lindsey Farrell added a solo run of her just shy of two minutes later before Jensen found Megan Kotelchuck (Crofton, Md./Elizabeth Seton) for a 3-0 lead with 22:18 to play in the opening half. Kealey Allison finished an Annemarie Duerr (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) pass with 13:41 showing for a 4-0 lead.
• After Sarah Bender broke up the shutout, Alyssa Swartz (Dillsburg, Md./Northern) started another four-goal run off a second Duerr feed. Megan Quattrone then put together a natural hat trick in a 4-minute, 8-second stretch for an 8-1 lead. She first finished a feed from Swartz with 9:32 remaining then converted a Farrell pass with 5:46 on the clock after a Misericordia penalty. Quattrone then hit a free-position shot 22 seconds later.
• Lexee Wiley and Duerr traded goals in the final 3:29 of the half to make it a 9-2 game at the break. Allison solo runs around a second Quattrone free-position goal extended the lead to 12-2 with 19:30 to play. Farrell and Duerr extended the lead to 12 with 6:00 on the clock before Kotelchuck capped the McDaniel scoring with a minute to play. Lauren Weitzel set the final margin, hitting the back of the net just before the final horn.
THE INSIDE STORY
• After scoring just three second-half goals in the last two games, the Green Terror netted six goals after halftime on Tuesday.
• McDaniel finished with a 30-21 advantage in shots.
• Hannah Miller established a career high with the 11 stops. The freshman has made 19 saves in the last two games.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Frostburg on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.