McDaniel (2-3) 19, Frostburg (1-3) 4
What: Non-conference women's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Mar. 9
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel opened the game on an 8-1 run and led by double digits for most of the second half in a 19-4 win over Frostburg.
• Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) led the Green Terror with five goals, an assist, four draw controls and two caused turnovers.
• Kealey Allison (Frankfort, Del./Indian River) added three goals and four draw controls.
FOR THE FOES
• Molly Biggers led the Bobcats with two goals.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Lindsey Farrell opened the scoring, finishing a solo run just 3:33 into the game. Back-to-back markers from Alyssa Swartz (Dillsburg, Pa./Northern) stretched the lead to 3-0 just over nine minutes into the game. An Annemarie Duerr (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) free-position goal made it a 4-0 game with 20:33 to play in the first half. Molly Biggers responded with a free-position tally of her own three minutes later to get Frostburg on the scoreboard.
• Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) started another four-goal Green Terror run with another eight-meter shot at the 12:24 mark. Farrell did the work from there, scoring a pair of unassisted markers around a feed to Duerr for an 8-1 lead with 8:42 to play in the first half. Shelby Brunett finished a solo run of her own less than a minute later. Tori Arcilesi (Bel Air, Md./Harford Tech) and Farrell each scored in the final minute, including Farrell with 0.9 seconds remaining for an 11-2 halftime lead.
• Kealey Allison started the second half run with 26:45 showing before Quattrone hit Megan Kotelchuck (Crofton, Md./Elizabeth Seton) and then (West Deptford, N.J./West Deptford) in a two-minute stretch for a 13-2 advantage with 24:37 to play. Four straight free-position goals, including one from Lillian Kim (Frederick, Md./Urbana) with 17:43 remaining for the freshman's first collegiate goal, made it a 16-3 game midway through the second half.
• Swartz found Allison with 10:30 to play and Giules Rossi (Parkton, Md./Hereford) and Arcilesi bookended a Morgan Cavey goal with solo runs for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The five goals and six points were career highs for Lindsey Farrell.
• It was Kealey Allison's third hat trick in five career games.
• McDaniel finished with a 36-11 advantage in shots.
• Lillian Kim scored her first collegiate goals in the contest.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Susquehanna on Tuesday. Game time is 4:30 p.m.