Haverford (6-2, 1-0 CC) 14, McDaniel (4-4, 0-1 CC) 9
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Mar. 23
Where: Haverford, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Haverford outscored McDaniel 9-4 in the second half, including finishing the game on a 5-2 run to open conference play with a 14-9 victory.
• Tori Arcilesi (Bel Air, Md./Harford Tech) led the Green Terror with four goals and one assist.
FOR THE FOES
• Allie Gibbons led the Fords with four goals.
• Hailey Morris and Belle McMahon added three goals each. Morris also had an assist.
• Julia Pascarella handed out six assists.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Annemarie Duerr (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) opened the scoring, staking McDaniel to a 1-0 lead just 1:50 into the game before Haverford responded with three straight goals. Julie Pascarella found Hailey Morris then Allie Gibbons three minutes apart for a 2-1 lead before Belle McMahon scored with 16:24 on the clock for the 3-1 lead. A pair of Tori Arcilesi goals 68 seconds apart to tie the game.
• Goals from Maeve Gaffney and Callie Crawford two minutes apart reestablished the two-goal lead for the Fords. Arcilesi found Kealey Allison (Frankfort, Del./Indian River) for a man-up goal with 8:30 showing before Arcilesi finished a Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) feed 43 seconds later for a 5-all game at the break.
• Pascarella notched assists No. 4 and 5 nearly four minutes apart, finding Gibbons then Morris this time around for a 7-5 edge with 22:41 remaining. Allison put home another Farrell feed directly off the ensuing draw before Gibbons and McMahon made it a 9-6 game with 16:25 on the clock. Arcilesi netted her fourth of the day with 15:18 to play to close the deficit to two once again.
• Olivia DiRienz and Roma Hladky stretched the lead to 11-7 with 9:07 remaining before Duerr found the back of the net for the second time just 19 seconds later, finishing a pass from Allison. Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) converted a free-position goal to once again make it a two-goal game with 6:52 showing. McMahon and Gibbson, however, added two goals in a 1-minute, 53-second span pushed the lead back to four with 4:01 to play. Morris sealed the win a minute later.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The four goals for Tori Arcilesi was a career high. It was her third career hat trick. She also had five ground balls.
• Lindsey Farrell corralled 11 draws for her fourth career double-digit draw control game. She also eclipsed 200 draw controls for her career, finishing the game with 204.
• Haverford was ranked 23rd in the latest IWLCA poll.
McDaniel returns to action at Washington (Md.) on Saturday. Game time is 12 p.m..