Dickinson (7-3, 2-1 CC) 17, McDaniel (4-6, 0-3 CC) 12
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's lacrosse game
When: Wednesday, Apr. 3
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Dickinson scored six straight goals in the second half to extend a one-goal edge to seven and defeat McDaniel, 17-12.
FOR THE FOES
• Anne Dunster led the Red Devils with three goals and three assists.
• Sam Marmo, Eleanor Kaestner and Erika Bloes all added hat tricks of their own.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Erika Bloes opened the scoring off a quick pass from Sam Marmo for a 1-0 lead just 31 seconds into the game. Kealey Allison responded a minute later on a drive to the cage. Anne Dunster finished a solo run of her own with 24:27 to play before Lindsey Farrell hit Tori Arcilesi (Bel Air, Md./Harford Tech) to tie the game for a second time just two minutes later. A Marmo free-position tally, however, started a 6-1 Dickinson run with 21:17 on the clock. Mack Mauer hit Elanor Kaestner a minute later before Chase Landis and Laurie Travaglini finished solo runs for a 6-2 lead. Allison momentarily halted the momentum with a free-position tally before Dunster found Kaestner and Bloes a minute apart to cap the 8-minute, 19-second run.
• In transition, Annemarie Duerr (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) was able to hit Megan Kotelchuck (Crofton, Md./Elizabeth Seton) on the doorstep to make it an 8-4 game with 9:22 showing. Allison completed her hat trick with a second free-position goal before Farrell and Arcilesi connected once again to trim the deficit to 8-6 with 6:28 remaining. Dunster and Maurer pushed the lead back to four before Farrell found Allison with 20.9 seconds showing to make it a 10-7 game at the break.
• Back-to-back Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) goals in the first 2:35 of the second half trimmed the deficit to one. After Dunster and Farrell traded unassisted tallies, Travaglini found the back of the net with 22:55 remaining to start the game-clinching run of six straight goals that included four unassisted goals and pushed the lead to 17-10 with 3:28 to play. Marmo scored twice during the stretch. Duerr finished from Farrell with 2:20 to play and Allison capped her day with 32 ticks remaining to set the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Kealey Allison recorded the sixth hat trick of her rookie season. She also had three draw controls and two caused turnovers.
• Hannah Miller (Ellicott City, Md./Marriotts Ridge) made 13 saves for her third double-digit save game in three conferene contests.
• Dickinson finished the game with a 45-26 advantage in shots and 22-9 edge in draw controls.
McDaniel returns to action at Ursinus on Saturday. Game time is 3 p.m.