No. 2 Gettysburg (14-1, 7-1 CC) 22, McDaniel (5-10, 1-7 CC) 4
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's lacrosse game
When: Wednesday, Apr. 24
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Gettysburg, ranked second in the latest IWLCA poll, scored the game's first 13 goals en route to a 22-4 win over McDaniel.
• Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) led the Green Terror with a pair of goals and nine draw controls.
FOR THE FOES
• Kerry McKeever led the Bullets with five goals and two assists.
• Lauren Cole added three goals and two assists.
• Caroline Keenaghan and Liza Barr chipped in a goal and four assists each.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Kerry McKeever scored twice in the first 3:30 of the game before Ella Orzechowski finished the first of back-to-back Lauren Cole assists in a 41-second span for a 4-0 lead with 24:41 to play. Three straight Cole goals stretched the advantage to 12-0 with 11:51 to play before McKeever capped the 13-0 run with 10:18 on the clock. Tori Arcilesi (Bel Air, Md./Harford Tech) broke up the shutout with 9:00 remaining.
• Courtney Patterson and McKeever stretched the lead to 15-1 before Annemarie Duerr (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) and Laura Winters traded tallies in the final 1:12 of the first half for a 16-2 halftime game.
• Caroline Keenaghan and Lindsey Farrell traded goals in the first 6:46 of the first half before two Keenaghan assists keyed a three-goal run in a nearly four-minute span. Farrell finished a free-position shot with 10:58 to play before Cecily Stabler netted her first and Shelby Fragetta tallied her second.
McDaniel concludes the season at home against Bryn Mawr on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.