Johns Hopkins (4-4, 1-0 CC) 23, McDaniel (10-9, 0-4 CC) 20
What: Centennial Conference (CC) wrestling meet
When: Saturday, Jan. 26
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Johns Hopkins won the final four bouts for a 23-20 win over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• Nathan Wertheimer recorded the only pin for the Blue Jays, taking the match at 174 in 5:34.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Nick Malinowski (Baltimore, Md./Boys' Latin School of Maryland) opened the proceedings with an 18-0 technical fall win midway through the second period for a 5-0 lead.
• Ricky Cavallo countered with a 10-4 win at 133.
• Isaiah Edmond stretched McDaniel's lead to 11-3 with a pin with just six ticks remaining in the first period.
• Skyler MinutellI (Sparrows Point, Md./Sparrows Point) made it a 14-3 match with a 4-0 win at 149 before Dominic Reyes countered with an 8-5 win at 157.
• Cole Nagle gave the hosts a 14-point advantage in the match with his first-period win.
• After the Nathan Wertheimer pin, Isaac Morales got a first-period takedown for the only points of the 184 bout, closing the deficit to 20-15.
• Miles Gilliam earned a 17-2 win at 197 to tie the match before a third-period takedown sealed a 7-4 win for Henri Behaeghel at heavyweight.
THE INSIDE STORY
125: Nick Malinowksi (M) tech. fell Jeremy Berger 18-0 (4:12); 133: Ricky Cavallo (J) dec. Ryker Eckenbarger 10-4; 141: Isaiah Edmond (M) pinned Connor Mauriello 2:54; 149: Skyler Minutelli (M) dec. Joe Paul 4-0; 157: Dominick Reyes (J) dec. Wade Bishop 8-5; 165: Cole Nagle (M) pinned Dane Morgan 1:43; 174: Nathan Wertheimer (J) pinned Garrett Vandervalk 5:34; 184: Isaac Morales (J) dec. Ronnie Wuest 2-0; 197: Miles Gilliam (J) tech. fell Quinton Lyons 17-2 (3:35); HWT: Henri Behaeghel (J) dec. Chris Hauffman 7-4.
McDaniel concludes action on the day against Washington and Lee.