McDaniel (1-0) 27, Rowan College of Gloucester County (0-1) 25
What: Non-Conference wrestling match
When: Saturday, Nov. 16
Where: Westminster, Md. – Green Terror Duals
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel recorded back-to-back in the final two bouts to cap a comeback win over Rowan College 27-25 in the first match of the Green Terror Duals.
FOR THE FOES
• Tyler Beare led the Roadrunners with a 42-second pin.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Nick DiGiacomo edged Nick Malinowski to open the match with a 5-4 win at 125, earning a riding time point with more than four minutes of advantage for a 3-0 lead.
• CJ Mazzarelli added a 9-0 win to push the lead to 7-0.
• Ryker Eckenbarger (Finksburg, Md./Westminster) made it a 7-6 score with a 2-minute, 31-second fall at 141.
• Atlee Cullison notched a first-period pin at 149 to push the lead back to seven.
• Alexander LaVeck (Marriottsville, Md./McDonogh) kept the run of first-period pins going with a 1-minute, 53-second fall at 157.
• Dylan Fischer made it 19-12 with a 2-minute, 8-second pin at 165.
• Michael Bromley (Mount Airy, Md./Linganore) controlled most of the third period to earn 1 minute, 6 seconds of advantage time and force a sudden-victory period. With 12 seconds remaining in the period, Browley took his opening and earned a takedown near the edge of the mat for a 6-4 win.
• After the Tyler Beare pin, Tony Wuest won in 4:24 to put the Green Terror within striking distance for Tristen Cook.
• Cook controlled from the opening whistle, including pulling his opponent back into the circle and then recording the pin to give his team the win.
THE INSIDE STORY
McDaniel 27, Rowan College 25
125: Nick Digiacomo (R) dec. Nick Malinowski 5-4; 133: CJ Mazzarelli (R) maj. dec. Steve Pabon 9-0; 141: Ryker Eckenbarger (M) pinned Mike Rubino 2:31; 149: Atlee Cullison (R) pinned Peyton Collins 1:59; 157: Alexander LaVeck (M) pinned John Patterson (R) 1:53; 165: Dylan Fischer (R) pinned Cole Nagle 2:08; 174: Michael Bromley (M) dec. Jaden Roberts 6-4 (SV1); 184: Tyler Beare (R) pinned Gabe Dennis 0:42; 197: Tony Wuest (M) pinned Curtis Thomas 4:24; HWT: Tristen Cook (M) pinned Austin Mooney 1:06.
McDaniel's next match of the day is against Alvernia. Match time is 12:30 p.m.