McDaniel (1-0) 1, St. Mary's (Md.) (0-2) 0
What: Non-Conference women's soccer game
When: Sunday, Sept. 2
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
The defenses and goalkeepers stood strong in the first 74 minutes before Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) broke through with the game's lone goal, lifting McDaniel to a 1-0 win over St. Mary's.
• Lindsey Farrell finished from the top of the box off a volley from Kristen Worry (Lancaster, Pa./Lampeter-Strasburg) at the 74:17 mark.
• McKenna Zerbe (Mountville, Pa./Hempfield) made five saves in her Green Terror debut, including critical saves in each half from point-blank range.
FOR THE FOES
• Ellie Marts made six saves for St. Mary's.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• McDaniel finished with a 13-10 edge in shots but St. Mary's had a 9-4 advantage in corner kicks.
FROM THE GAME
THE INSIDE STORY
• Freshman Hannah Schepers (Port Deposit, Md./St. Mark's) made the start in her first collegiate game and took four of the Green Terror's 13 shots. Schepers and Lindsey Farrell (3) combined for more than half of McDaniel's attempts.
McDaniel returns to action at York (Pa.) on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.