McDaniel (11-5-1) 4, Brevard (11-8) 0
What: ECAC First Round women's soccer tournament game
When: Saturday, Nov. 10
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored two goals in each half and outshot Brevard 24-5 in a 4-0 victory in the opening round of the ECAC tournament.
FOR THE FOES
• Rebecca Rojas made eight saves in goal for the Tornados.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Kirsten Gibson chipped a ball through that Hannah Schepers (Port Deposit, Md./St. Mark's) finished for her 14th goal of the season in the 20th minute.
• Off a corner in the 23rd minute, Rachel Engle (Elizabethtown, Pa./Elizabethtown poked a ball through traffic that Maddie Schwartz was able to finish to double the lead.
• Gibson crossed a ball from left to right that Cameron Hukill (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) finished for a 3-0 lead in the 51st minute.
• Schwartz then found Gibson for the final margin a minute later.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel finished with a 24-5 advantage in shots.
• The Green Terror also had an 8-0 advantage in corner kicks.
• McDaniel advances to the quarterfinals of the ECAC tournament, hosting the second game of the weekend on Sunday.
McDaniel will play the winner of the second first-round game between Washington & Jefferson and Pfeiffer on Sunday. Game time is 12 p.m.