McDaniel (14-5-1) 3, Albright (14-5-2) 2
What: ECAC Division III women's soccer tournament final
When: Sunday, Nov. 18
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel tallied the final two goals to overcome a 2-1 deficit and top Albright in the final of the 2018 Division III ECAC women's soccer tournament.
• Kirsten Gibson (Lancaster, Pa./Penn Manor) scored two goals, including the game-winner, to garner tournament MVP honors.
• Maddie Schwartz (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) netted the game-tying goal.
FOR THE FOES
• Emily Mollica and Erica Bross each scored a goal for the Lions.
• Alexis Tunney made seven saves.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Hannah Schepers (Port Deposit, Md./St. Mark's) played a ball through to Kirsten Gibson, who fired from 20 yards out and deposited it just out of the keeper's reach in the upper-left corner of the gaoal for a 1-0 lead in the 28th minute.
• Diza Hasanaj took a free kick from 40 yards out in the 31st minute and Eric Bross was able to head it from the back post across the goal mouth and in to tie the game.
• Emiyl Mollica converted directly off a free kick from just outside the box on the left side for a 2-1 lead.
• On a corner kick in the 63rd minute, Alyssa Johnston (West River, Md./Southern) found Maddie Schwartz, who was able to head it home for the equalizer.
• Schepers played a ball into the box form the left sideline in the 85th minute. Gibson collected the ball and fired into a diving keeper. The ball rebounded right back to the senior's foot and she knocked it into the left side of the net for the title-winning goal.
THE INSIDE STORY
• It was the first ECAC title for the Green Terror.
• Kirsten Gibson, Maddie Schwartz, Hannah Schepers, Jules Dotterweich (Perry Hall, Md./Dulaney) and Rachel Engle (Elizabethtown, Pa./Elizabethtown Area) were named to the all-tournament team for McDaniel.
• The Green Terror finished with an 18-6 advantage in shots.
• McDaniel also had an 9-0 advantage in corner kicks.