McDaniel (3-1) 2, Eastern Mennonite (4-1) 0
What: Non-conference women's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Sept. 11
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored twice in a 4-minute, 22-second span to top Eastern Mennonite, 2-0.
• Hannah Schepers (Port Deposit, Md./St. Mark's) led the Green Terror with the first goal of the game.
FOR THE FOES
• Leah Wenger made seven saves in goal to lead the Royals.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After a scoreless first half, despite a 16-0 advantage in shots by McDaniel, Hannah Schepers finally broke through on the scoreboard in the 51st minute. Sara McDonald (Langhorne, Pa./Council Rock South) collected a loose ball in the box and got it to Schepers, who was able to finish for a 1-0 lead.
• Megan Henderson (East Windsor, N.J./Notre Dame) blasted home a shot from 30 yards out into the top-left corner to double the advantage.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The game was called with 11:30 to play due to lightning in the area and could not be resumed.
• McDaniel held a 28-2 advantage in shots, holding possession for nearly two-thirds of the game – more than 80 percent of that time in its attacking half.
• The Green Terror also had a 12-0 advantage in corner kicks.
• Hannah Schepers, the reigning Centennial Conference Player of the Week, extended her current goal-scoring streak to three games.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Roanoke on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.