Gettysburg (13-3-1) 2, McDaniel (13-6) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Nov. 6
Where: Gettysburg, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Gettysburg scored twice in fewer than two minutes late in the first half to capture a 2-1 victory over McDaniel in the first round of the Centennial Conference (CC) tournament.
FOR THE FOES
• Paige Merz scored the eventual game-winner for the Bullets.
• Maddie Cunningham made five saves in goal.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Erika Muskus played a ball in that Grace Slevin collected and blasted into the upper-right side of the net for a 1-0 lead at the 36:05 mark.
• On a centering pass from the right side, the ball ricocheted off a defender's foot and to Paige Merz, who fired it off the left post and into the net for a 2-0 lead just 1:34 later.
• After a foul was called at the top of the box in the 55th minute, Maddie Schwartz knocked home the penalty kick to make it a 2-1 game.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The goal for Maddie Schwartz was her team-leading 10th of the season. It was the first penalty kick goal of the season for the Green Terror.
• Gettysburg advances to the CC semifinals on Saturday at Dickinson with the victory. The home team has now won all three conference tournament meetings between the two teams.
• Each team had eight shots and two corner kicks on the game.
McDaniel will now have to wait until Monday to learn its NCAA or ECAC tournament fate. The NCAA field will be announced at 1 p.m. on Monday with the ECAC field announced later in the afternoon.