Franklin & Marshall (7-3, 3-1 CC) 137, McDaniel (2-6, 0-5 CC) 39
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's swimming meet
When: Friday, Jan. 25
Where: Lancaster, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Franklin & Marshall won eight events to help capture a 137-39 win over McDaniel.
• Cambrie Cooke (Newport News, Va./Menchville) won 100 backstroke with a time of 1:02.96. She was also second in the 400 IM with a time of 4:51.71.
• Blair Boyle (Springfield, N.J./Villa Walsh Academy) touched first in the 200 freestyle with a time of 2:01.95.
FOR THE FOES
• Anna Hess, Kathy Hirsch, Skye Howes and Erin Fago combined to open the meet with a win in the 200 medley relay (1:54.85).
• Howes also touched first in the 50 free (25.70).
• Tara Kupsky won the 400 IM (4:39.77) and 100 breast (1:11.07).
• Diane Wagner won the 100 fly (1:04.28).
• Julia Pavlov won the 100 free (56.45).
• Kyra Kowalewski touched first in the 500 free (5:41.75).
• Hirsch, Pavlov, Kupsky and Grace Pereles capped the night with a win in the 200 free relay (1:44.72).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Blair Boyle was also second in the 100 fly (1:04.43).
• Joanna Wattenberg (Monrovia, Md./Urbana) placed third in the 50 free (27.43) and 100 free (59.08).
• Carly Deickman (Bishopville, Md./Stephen Decatur) finished third in the 100 breast (1:12.94).
THE INSIDE STORY
• Cambrie Cooke's time of 4:51.71 in the 400 IM ranks eighth all-time. It was the first time the freshman had swam the event as a collegian.
McDaniel returns to action at Elizabethtown on Saturday. Meet time is 1 p.m.