Ursinus (3-1, 2-1 CC) 59, McDaniel (0-2, 0-2 CC) 35
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's swimming meet
When: Saturday, Nov. 9
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Ursinus won five of the 11 events but finished second in every individual event to help claim a 59-35 win over McDaniel.
• Blair Boyle (Springfield, N.J./Villa Walsh Academy) led the Green Terror with individual wins in the 50 free (24.99 seconds) and 100 free (55.09 seconds). She was also part of the second-place 200-medley relay that posted a time of 1:57.24.
• Sara Hegna (Brielle, N.J./Manasquan) added wins in the 200 free with a time of 2:00.47 and 100 backstroke with a time of 1:00.79. Her victory in the 200 free came by nearly six seconds. She led off the 200 medley relay that finished second (1:57.24).
• Ella Tomkins (Matarangi, New Zealand/Mercury Bay) won the 100 butterfly with a time of 1:01.33. She also joined Hegna and Boyle on the 200 medley relay.
• Hannah Cehelsky (Sudbury, Mass./Lincoln Sudbury Regional) won the 500 freestyle with a time of 5:35.23, winning by one-half second.
FOR THE FOES
• Katie Schultz won the 400 IM with a time of 4:49.20.
• Abby Ferguson won the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:11.49.
• Sophie Lear wont he 100 IM with a time of 1:02.51.
• Katie Sanfield, Haley Sturla, Katie Champagne and Oliviah Rachael teamed to win the 200 medley relay in the first event of the meet with a combined time of 1:55.07.
• Schultz, Sanfield, Margrethe Leis and Champagne won the 200 free relay with a time of 1:44.53 to cap the day.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Megan Gorsuch (Freeland, Md./Hereford) joined Sara Hegna, Blair Boyle and Ella Tomkins (Matarangi, New Zealand/Mercury Bay) on the 200 medley relay that finished second.
• Gorsuch was also third in the 100 breaststroke (1:17.58).
• Ella Tomkins was also third in the 100 IM (1:05.80).
• Ashley Farrington (Neptune, N.J./Neptune) was third in the 200 free (2:06.84) and 500 free (5:50.87).
• Hannah Cehelsky added a third-place finish in the 50 free (27.73).
THE INSIDE STORY
• Boyle's time of 24.99 second in the 50 free was a personal best and ranks fifth in program history.
• The wins for Tomkins and Cehelsky were their first career victories.
• Farrington's time in the 200 free was nearly two seconds faster than her debut in the event two weeks ago.
• Gorsuch's time in the breaststroke was a personal-best mark.
McDaniel returns to action at Gettysburg on Wednesday. Meet time is 7 p.m.