McDaniel competes at Larry Sharpe Invitational
What: Women's indoor track and field meet
When: Sunday, Feb. 10
Where: Hagerstown, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel posted a pair of conference qualifiers at the non-scoring Larry Sharpe Invitational hosted by Hagerstown CC.
• The 4x800-meter relay of Megan Mesick (Fredericksburg, Va./Chancellor), Bailey Chapman (Bel Air, Md./Patterson Mill), Maria Kropkowski and Jill Shephard (Monkton, Md./North Harford) won the event with a 12:56.78.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Simi Adeoye placed fourth in the shot put with a Centennial Conference (CC)-qualifying distance of 9.39 meters.
• Sarah Case (Frederick, Md./Urbana) was fifth in the shot put with a conference-qualifying throw of 9.22 meters, which ranks 10th in program history.
• Megan Mesick posted a personal-best time of 2:39.14 to finish fifth in the 800.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Bailey Chapman was third in the mile (6:50.78).
• Maria Kropkowski was fourth in the mile (7:03.04).
• Sarah Case also placed fourth in the high jump (1.21 meters) and eighth in the 800 (3:04.19).
• Mackenzie Meyer was fifth in the 300 (52.92).
• Riley O'Hara was sixth in the 500 (1:46.50).
• Rachel Dixon placed ninth in the 55 (8.45).
• Ashley Deal was 11th in the shot put (7.83 meters).
• Corrine White was 12th in the shot put (7.14 meters).
• The 4x400-meter relay of Megan Mesick, Riley O'Hara, Bailey Chapman and Mackenzie Meyer finished second (5.14.93).
McDaniel returns to action at the Centennial Conference Championship hosted by Franklin & Marshall on Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24. Action begins at 11 a.m. both days.