McDaniel (13-2, 3-1 CC) 3, Washington (Md.) (6-11, 1-3 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Saturday, Sept. 29
Where: Chestertown, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel capped its third sweep of the week with a 27-25 victory to top Washington, 3-0. The Green Terror won the opening set 25-19 and the second set, 25-11.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) led the Green Terror with a double-double, recording 10 kills and 15 digs.
• Taylor Bauman (Charlottesville, Va./Albemarle) led the defense with 21 digs.
• Gayle Edelstein (Livingston, N.J./Livingston) added 14 digs and 16 assists.
• Isabel Paci (Ellicott City, Md./River Hill) chipped in nine kills.
• Allie Lugar (Wilmington, Del./Dupont) also recorded nine kills.
FOR THE FOES
• Lizzie Zedlar led the Shorewomen attack with 10 kills.
• Kaitlyn Marino led four players with double-digit digs, tallying 13.
• Abby Smith added 3 digs of her own.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Behind three straight Isabel Paci kills – and five in a eight-point stretch – the Green Terror opened up a 19-5 lead in the first set, including nine straight points.
• In the second set, McDaniel jumped out to a 6-1 advantage. Washington tied the set at 16-all. Trailign 20-19, Isabel Paci and Allie Lugar put down back-to-back kills before a pair of Marlowe Embry knockdowns put the Green Terror back in front. Kendall Hanak (Highlands Ranch, Colo./Rock Canyon) added an ace to stretch the lead to 23-20 en route to the 25-21 victory.
• The third set featured 14 ties and four lead changes. A Cassie Kowalski and Kylie Peets block evened the set at 25-all before Marlowe Embry put down a kill to make it match point before a Shorewomen attack error completed the day.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The 50 kills for McDaniel was a season high in a three-set match.
• It was Marlowe Embry's fourth double-double of the year.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Franklin & Marshall on Wednesday. Match time is 7 p.m.