Franklin & Marshall (13-3, 5-0 CC) 3, McDaniel (13-3, 3-2 CC) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Wednesday, Oct. 3
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Franklin & Marshall pulled out a 30-28 fourth-set victory to cap a 3-1 victory over McDaniel. The Diplomats won the opening set 25-17 before the Green Terror evened the match with a 25-18 win. Franklin & Marshall took the third set, 25-22.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) recorded a double-double with 11 kills and 14 digs.
• Taylor Bauman (Charlottesville, Va./Albemarle) led the defense with 23 digs to go with five assists.
• Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) matched Embry with 11 kills and hit .409 on the night to go with two aces and three blocks.
• Kendall Hanak (Highlands Ranch, Colo./Rock Canyon) added 16 digs and three aces.
• Lauren Wells (Glen Allen, Va./Glen Allen) chipped in 21 assist and four kills.
• Regan Gefroh (Fort Collins, Colo./Fort Collins) contributed three aces and eight digs.
FOR THE FOES
• Allison Franke led the Diplomats with 13 kills.
• Grace Polisano had 10 kills and 13 digs.
• Carly Ostrowski led the defense with 17 digs.
• Amy Mullen had five aces.
• Grace Maggione added 38 assists and four aces.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Tied at 2-all in the first set, two Emma Lorenzen kills and a pair of Regan Gefroh aces staked McDaniel to a 9-2 lead. Franklin & Marshall responded with 11 of the next 12 points to take a 13-10 lead and did not trail after that.
• Tied at 8-all in the second set, back-to-back Marlowe Embry kills around a pair of Kendall Hanak aces gave the Green Terror a 12-8 lead and forced a Diplomat timeout. McDaniel stretched the lead to 15-8 out of the break en route to evening the match.
• Trailing 19-17 in the third set, Grace Polisano knocked down a kill then added blocks on two of the next three points. Delaney Hahn added an ace for a 22-19 lead en route to the 25-22 victory.
• The fourth set featured 14 ties and seven lead changes. Trailing 22-20, two Embry kills and a Lorenzen ace helped draw the set even at 24. An Allison Franke kill gave the Diplomats match point before an attack error sealed the win.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The three aces and eight digs were season highs for Regan Gefroh.
• The teams combined for 25 aces on the night.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Bryn Mawr on Saturday. Match time is 12 p.m.