McDaniel (14-3, 4-2 CC) 3, Bryn Mawr 6-10, 0-5 CC
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Saturday, Oct. 6
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won by steadily increasing scores to top Bryn Mawr, 3-0. The Green Terror took the opening set 25-17 before winning the second set, 25-10. McDaniel completed the sweep, 25-10.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) had a match high 10 kills and hit .333 on the day.
• Taylor Bauman (Charlottesville, Va./Albemarle) led the defense with 11 digs.
• Hayley Mills (Bowie, Md./St. Vincent Pallotti) added in six kills and hit .500.
• Kendall Hanak (Highlands Ranch, Colo./Rock Canyon) netted nine digs.
FOR THE FOES
• Jessie Zong had five kills.
• Jane Rand had eight assists.
• Kira Ogoshi had 11 digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Leading 19-15, McDaniel finished the first set on a 6-1 run behind two Gayle Edelstein (Livingston, N.J./Livingston) had two service aces during that run.
• In the second set, the Green Terror trailed 2-0 before scoring the next eight points and never looked back. Abigail Hernandez (Gaithersburg, Md./Richard Montgomery) had two service aces during that timeframe.
• In the third set, McDaniel netted the first four points and never trailed.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel hit .333 on the afternoon, recording just eight errors against 36 kills in 84 attempts.
McDaniel returns to action at Johns Hopkins on Wednesday. Match time is 7 p.m.