McDaniel (15-5) 3, Manhattanville (7-9) 1
What: Non-Conference volleyball match
When: Saturday, Oct. 13
Where: Elizabethtown, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel got contributions from 14 players in a 3-1 win over Manhattanville. The Green Terror took the first set 25-17 before the Valiants won the second set, 25-22. McDaniel closed out the match with wins of 25-13 and 25-18.
• Abigail Hernandez (Gaithersburg, Md./Richard Montgomery) contributed season bests of eight digs and three aces.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) led the attack with 14 kills to go with 14 digs for her second double-double of the day.
• Kendall Hanak (Highlands Ranch, Colo./Cheyenne Mountain) steadied the defense with 18 digs.
• Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) added seven kills and seven blocks.
FOR THE FOES
• Laura Livolsi led the Valiants with 11 kills and 11 digs.
• Monica Lopez chipped in 26 digs to steady the defense.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• A Kendall Hanak ace and three Marlowe Embry kills keyed a 9-4 start to the first set for the Green Terror and McDaniel did not trail the rest of the way for a 25-17 win.
• After a back-and-forth start to the second set, a Sarah Camarena ace keyed a 4-0 burst by Manhattanville for a 12-8 led en route to the 25-22 victory.
• Embry knocked down a kill to start the third set and served the next six points, including a pair of aces. The lead swelled to 18-3 en route to a 25-13 victory.
• Lauren Wells (Glen Allen, Va./Glen Allen) started the fourth set with a kill and Abigail Hernandez followed with an ace to set the tone in a 25-18 win to cap the match.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Haverford on Wednesday. Match time is 6 p.m.