McDaniel (18-6, 7-3 CC) 3, Dickinson 10-17, 2-7 CC)
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Wednesday, Oct. 24
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Following a 25-17 opening-set win, McDaniel took a 25-23 victory in the second set and capped off a sweep of Dickinson with a 25-12 win.
• Taylor Bauman (Charlottesville, Md./Albemarle) steadied the defense with 22 digs and added an ace.
• Allie Lugar (Wilmington, Del./Dupont) contributed 10 kills and hit .241 on the night.
• Lauren Wells (Glen Allen, Va./Glen Allen) rounded out the trio on Senior Night with 15 assists, a kill and a block.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) led the attack with 11 kills and added eight digs.
FOR THE FOES
• Emma Lange led the attack with 11 kills.
• Tatiana Lopez paced the defense with 19 digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After five straight points by the Red Devils gave the visitors an 8-6 edge in the first set, a Makayla Patterson (Colorado Springs, Colo./Cheyenne Mountain) had a block and a kill out of a timeout to even the set. After the teams traded points, Allie Lugar knocked down a kill to give the hosts the lead for good.
• The second set featured 10 ties and four lead changes. Two Elise Butler aces and an Emma Lange kill gave Dickinson a 20-19 edge before Marlowe Embry knocked down a kill to tie the set. Tied at 23-all, Lauren Wells knocked down a kill and then found Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) for the set winner.
• The Green Terror jumped out to a 4-1 lead in the third set before the Red Devils closed to within 5-4. However, a pair of Lorenzen kills around her own block keyed a 15-5 run to take control of the set and help complete the sweep.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel has completed conference play knowing that it is in next week's tournament. Seeding will be determined by the results of the Haverford-Swarthmore and Muhlenberg-Washington matches. The Green Terror wins a head-to-head matchup against the Mules but the Garnet has the edge in a head-to-head tiebreaker with the Green Terror. Conference criteria would be applied in case of a three-way tie at 7-3.
McDaniel concludes the regular season at the Eastern Tournament on Saturday. The Green Terror plays York at 2 p.m. and the host Eagles at 4 p.m.