McDaniel (23-8) 3, Lebanon Valley (19-13) 1
What: ECAC Division III volleyball tournament semifinals
When: Sunday, Nov. 11
Where: Radnor, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel took the opening set 25-17 before Lebanon Valley stormed back with a 25-11 victory in the second set. The Green Terror, however, wrapped up the ECAC semifinal victory with wins of 25-20 and 25-14.
FOR THE FOES
• Jess Attieh led the Flying Dutchmen attack with 14 kills. She also had four blocks.
• Kaitlyn Reid added 15 digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• An early Kendall Hanak (Highlands Ranch, Colo./Cheyenne Mountain) ace keyed a 3-0 burst that gave McDaniel a 3-2 edge. Tied at 8-all, kills from three different Green Terror players put the squad on top, 11-8. Two blocks from Lauren Wells (Glen Allen, Va./Glen Allen) and Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) keyed a 5-0 run that extended the lead to 24-13 en route to the 25-17 victory.
• McDaniel jumped out to a 5-1 lead in the second set. Trailing 11-10, Kaitlyn Reed served the final 14 points for a 25-11 victory.
• Two Jayna Class aces extended the momentum into the third set for a 4-1 lead. Two Taylor Bauman aces helped bring the set back even and keyed a 9-1 run for a 10-5 lead. The Flying Dutchmen rallied to even the set at 19-all before a Marlowe Embry kill ignited a 6-1 finish for a 25-20 win.
• The fourth set featured five ties and three lead changes before a Gayle Edelstein (Livingston, N.J./Livingston) ace keyed a 4-0 burst that gave McDaniel the lead for good.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The Green Terror advances to its first-ever ECAC championship match later in the day.
• McDaniel has won twice on the same day three times this season.
McDaniel will play NYU in the championship match at 5 p.m.