NYU (22-16) 3, McDaniel (23-9) 0
What: ECAC Division III volleyball tournament final
When: Sunday, Nov. 11
Where: Radnor, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
New York University completed a sweep in the championship match of the 2018 ECAC Division III volleyball tournament with wins of 25-18, 25-17 and 25-15.
FOR THE FOES
• Abby Ausmus led the Violets with 12 kills and nine total blocks.
• Jacqueline Kupeli led three players in double digit digs with 17.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• The Green Terror took a 10-7 lead in the opening set before a Caroline Rapp kill helped ignite an 8-0 run that gave the Violets a 15-10 advantage en route to the 25-18 win.
• Tied at 5-all in the second set, NYU tallied the next five points to go on top, 10-5. McDaniel closed the margin to 13-11 but three straight errors and kills from Maddie DeJong and Katie Goyette pushed the lead to 18-11 en route to a 25-17 victory.
• The third set featured six ties and three lead changes before Caroline Rapp broke a 12-all deadlock and gave the Violets the lead for good in a 25-15 win.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The 23 wins this season is the most in a single season for the Green Terror since a 28-14 mark in 1994.
• Marlowe Embry earned a spot on the all-tournament team for her play this weekend.
• Taylor Bauman concluded her McDaniel career with 1,975 career digs, finishing tops in Green Terror history and sixth in Centennial Conference history.