Franklin & Marshall (14-3, 5-0 CC) 3, McDaniel (9-9, 3-2 CC) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Thursday, Oct. 10
Where: Lancaster, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
After Franklin & Marshall and McDaniel split the first two sets, the Diplomats captured the third set 25-16 and then cruised to a 25-7 victory in the fourth set for a 3-1 win to remain undefeated in conference play.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) led the Green Terror with 12 kills and seven digs.
• Anna Jezerski (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) added seven kills to go with 12 digs.
• Gayle Edelstein (Livingston, N.J./Livingston) chipped in 25 assists and a team-high 15 digs.
FOR THE FOES
• Grace Maggiore led the Diplomats with 10 kills and 15 digs.
• Allison Franke and Nicole Carey added 11 kills each.
• Carlita Bozzo led the defense with 20 digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Clinging to a 17-12 lead in the opening set, back-to-back kills from Nicole Carey started a 5-0 run that pushed the advantage to 10 en route to a 25-13 victory.
• The second set featured six ties and four lead changes. Franklin & Marshall held a 23-20 edge before three attacking errors around a Marlowe Embry kill gave the visitors a 24-23 advantage. Casey Marrow and Embry traded kills before a block from Amy Mullen and Grace Polisano evened the set at 25-all. Embry capped off a 27-25 victory with back-to-back knockdowns.
• A pair of Anna Jezerski (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) helped the Green Terror jump out to a 3-1 lead in the third set but the Diplomats countered with 10 of the next 11 points for an 11-4 lead. McDaniel closed to within 15-11 on a Gayle Edelstein ace but five straight points from the hosts stretched the lead back out to nine en route to a 25-16 win.
• The teams traded points early in the fourth set but tied at 3-all, Franklin & Marshall reeled off 11 straight points for a 14-3 lead and never looked back in a 25-7 win to cap the match.
THE INSIDE STORY
• All five of McDaniel's conference matches so far have been played in four sets.
• The Green Terror hit a season-worst .013 in the match.
McDaniel returns to action at Bryn Mawr on Saturday. Match time is 1 p.m.