No. 8 Johns Hopkins (24-0, 6-0 CC) 3, McDaniel (11-11, 5-3 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Wednesday, Oct. 23
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Johns Hopkins, ranked eighth in the latest AVCA Div. III coaches' poll, recorded a 25-9 win in the third set to complete a sweep and remain undefeated with a 3-0 win over McDaniel.
• Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) led the Green Terror with four kills, two blocks and an ace.
• Isabel Paci (Ellicott City, Md./River Hill) added six kills, an ace and block.
FOR THE FOES
• Simone Bliss led the Blue Jays with nine kills, including the 1000th of her career. She hit .444 on the night with nine digs and two aces.
• Louisa Kishton added seven kills and seven digs.
• Natalie Ashton chipped in six aces and four kills.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Natalie Ashton served the first 10 points for Johns Hopkins, including three aces. McDaniel clawed back to within 22-21 on a run of six straight points that was keyed by an Anna Jezerski (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) ace. Back-to-back Louisa Kishton kills, however, pushed the lead to 24-14 en route to a 25-16 win.
• Clinging to a 4-3 edge in the second set, five straight Green Terror miscues extended the Blue Jays lead to 9-3. An Eleni Panagopoulos ace pushed the advantage to 14-4. Back-to-back Marlowe Embry kills and an Isabel Paci ace trimmed the margin to 21-17 but two Kishton kills keyed a 4-0 finish for a 25-17 victory.
• Two Ashton aces ignited a 4-0 start. The Blue Jays extended the lead to 12-3 en route to the 25-9 win.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Johns Hopkins outhit McDaniel .337 to .065 in the match.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Muhlenberg on Friday. Match time is 7 p.m.