McDaniel finishes ninth
What: Hornet Harrier in women's cross country action
When: Saturday, Sept. 28
Where: Kernstown Battlefield – Kernstown, Va.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel had two runners in the top 41 to lead the way to a ninth-place finish at the Hornet Harrier hosted by Shenandoah at Kernstown Battlefield. The Green Terror posted 266 points at the 17-team invitational.
• Megan Mesick (Fredericksburg, Va./Chancellor) led the Green Terror with an eighth-place finish, completing the 5,000-meter course in a time of 20:17.0.
FOR THE FOES
• Salisbury won the team title with 54 points, edging Mary Washington by three points.
• Bridgewater's English Jackson won the individual title with a time of 19:07.1.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Julia Murphy (Westminster, Md./Winters Mill) crossed 41st with a time of 21:56.4.
• Riley O'Hara (Fairfax, Va./Robinson Secondary School) was 88th with a time of 24:15.9.
• Maria Kropkowski (Forest Hill, Md./North Harford) placed 92nd with a time of 24:26.4.
• Bailey Chapman (Bel Air, Md./Patterson Mill) finished 110th overall with a time of 26:01.1.
• Mackenzie Meyer (120th, 27:30.7), Renee Dupre (122nd, 27:46.2) and Vanessa Valez (139th, 33:36.6) rounded out the McDaniel competitors.
THE INSIDE STORY
• A total of 143 runners competed at the 5,000-meter distance.
• Megan Mesick's mark was the second-best Green Terror time on the Kernstown Battlefield course all-time.
• Julia Murphy's mark ranks 12th on the all-time list.
• Riley O'Hara's time is 21st at Kernstown while Maria Kropkowski's mark is 23rd.
McDaniel returns to action at the Hood College Open on Saturday, Oct. 19. Action begins at 9:30 a.m.